Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

INSOMNIA

There are some nights when I feel like I'll miss out on something if I go to bed too early.  I can't explain it.  I no longer live in a big city mecca hubbub of activity.  I live in a small town that shuts down way before midnight.  What exactly would I be missing?  Nothing.  I'm missing absolutely nothing.  And then I hit a second wind right after midnight because of all the crazy shifts I used to work in a former life as a broadcast journalist slash TV producer slash manager of a 24 hour operation.  The night owl comes alive and then I never seem to get tired.  And then I wind up sleeping in too late the next morning.  And then I'm dragging around all day in a fog.  And OH it feels so good to get a healthy, nourishing night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energized.  Do I want that or don't I?  What is going on in my head?  When will I ever get to the point that I can sleep like normal people?  Will I ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment