Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

BLAH BLAH TWITTER BLAH

I've had a Twitter account for awhile.  I used it a lot more when I worked in the broadcast journalism industry.  It just seemed to fit that role well.  As in, "we're working on a tip from (someone) regarding (such-and-so).." etc.  But now that I've left the industry for academia, I feel a bit lost with my Twitter account.  I'm not sure what to do with it.  I feel like all my Tweets are just stupid.  Granted, it's a fun way to network... especially when someone supercool decides to follow me... but beyond that, I'm not sure what to say.  I find myself retweeting lots of goofball things I get from other people.  Yes, I am capable of originality and creativity, but sarcasm doesn't always translate well in 140 characters or less.  It makes me feel so BORING.  Am I boring?  Oh dear.  Maybe I am and I've just been in denial all this time, thinking I was an interesting person with clever things to say.  Now I don't know what to think.  And how could something like Twitter make me second guess my entire personality?  That's absurd.  Or is it?  I think I need to go in another room and cry now.  Okay not really.  Maybe I'm a supercool person who isn't thinking clearly because it's 3p and I'm just realizing I didn't get lunch and I'm starving.  Yeah.  Stupid Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment